I replied to pretribulational teacher Jim McClarty’s critique of the prewrath position. This is the first episode of a series responding to an article he wrote against the prewrath position.
I first described how good men of God can have blind spots and in this case I believe his blind spot is pretribulationism, as demonstrated in his shallow argumentation against prewrath.
I corrected him on numerous points of misrepresenting the prewrath position in his article:
- The origin of the prewrath position
- Robert Van Kampen and Marvin Rosenthal
- Archangel Michael the Restrainer
- The great tribulation
- The timing of the rapture
- The first half of the 7 year period
- The relationship between the celestial disturbances and the day of the Lord
- The sixth seal and the rapture
- The nature of the second coming of Christ
McClarty’s critique of prewrath:
McClarty’s youtube channel:
Two-part series on Michael the Restrainer:
15 tenets of the prewrath position